Monday, April 13, 2009

We're going to the Opera!

Tosca is being performed at the Philips Center for the Performing Arts on the University of Florida campus this week! I just reserved two tickets for this Thursday night. We saw the famous opera house, La Scala, in Milan, but did not see an actual opera there. We did go to a smaller opera in Venice, which we very much enjoyed. I am hoping this performance of Tosca will meet the standards set in Venice, because they were really very good. Recently we met an Italian family who are visiting the states for a few months. The father sang for us, and I was reminded once again how beautiful Italian voices can be. So between now and Thursday I need to do some research and get up to speed on Puccini's story of Tosca. I remember studying it in a college Humanities class many many years ago, and I remember it is a tragedy, but that's about it. Education truly is a life long process!

1 comment:

The Krazy Koala said...

Grandpa always said that, too! I hope you enjoy the opera, it sounds like fun!